Powered by Blogger.

Oprah On 60 MINUTES (circa 1986)

I have to warn you that there will be a lot of Oprah on this blog. A cultural icon, she's the ultimate success story and such an inspiration to so many around the world. By the way, my aunt got to sit 3rd row at some function where Oprah was speaking and I believe she got to shake her hand - I'm so jealous!

Anyway, I wanted to share this 60 Minutes piece with Oprah that was filmed in 1986. Her show had just gone national and she talks about the fact that she always knew that she would be successful. From what I understand, she caught a lot of heat because the public interpreted her as being braggadocios during this interview - but if we don't believe on ourselves who will? There is nothing wrong with self confidence or wanting to be the best at what you do. Here's the clip before I start rambling anymore:


Be confident + Follow your dream!

I BLEED PINK  – (January 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM)  

I am so excited and so PROUD of you girl!! This means I will move to New York and we will run the most successful business ever!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP